2 March 2017. 4-6pm.
Please note there has been a VENUE CHANGE for this event: Now at ODIQ’s existing premises at 70-72 Bowen Street, Spring Hill.
At ODI Queensland, it is our mission is to connect, equip and inspire you with the information, tools and skills you need to innovate with data.
2017 is a great year to develop new skills and build on data competency, join us in celebrating International Open Data Day as we launch our world class training program with classroom learning now available in Brisbane, Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne. We will also provide updates on priority Open Data projects. As always, this is a valuable opportunity for us to hear and learn from you.
You thoughts and feedback will be used to further develop the 2017 program of events, training, and activities.
Highlights of the discussion will include guest presentations on:
- Queensland’s Open Data Policy; a new project to help identify high value datasets for key industries; and plans to help build small business data literacy
- Our training program, the ODI’s NEW Open Data Skills Framework and learning pathway
- An update on the data visualisation project to help News Agency businesses better understand external influences which affect their business
- Showcasing the help guides for Open Data Certificates, enhancements we’ve introduced to the Open Data Pathway, and latest trends on the online discussion forum
- Highlights and priorities of the international Open & Agile Smart Cities activities
- Hear from ANDS including this years’ iteration of 23 Things and other news
- We would like to explore an Open Data Leaders series
- and meet our new Exec Officer
4pm arrival for a 4:15pm start. We will wrap up formalities with networking drinks and conclude around 6pm.
Want to play Datopolis with us? Come early at 3pm and join in a round of the Open Data Board Game!
Hope to see you there!
Can’t make it? Aw that is no good. But don’t worry, we will live stream our guest presentations on our Facebook page (ODI Queensland).